Saturday, September 19, 2026

Confirmation of my vocation☀️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป


‘Life has a simple formula; Look back and thank God. Look ahead and trust God’.

Until this morning I have not had the faintest desire to put pen to paper, but, thanks be to God, today there’s a change! On many levels I feel like I am emerging into undeserved sunlight. Rip Van Winkle comes to mind!! What a Mighty God we serve! 

Copious prayers shared as I journeyed through my road of uncertainty, proving beyond doubt that Jesus does everything all the time. No wonder it has probably been my most productive period since my vocation journey began some years ago. 
‘Christ has no body now but yours’. (St. Teresa of Avila)

This morning on my way to Church, affable young man calls me; ‘Hello Bridget. You gave me a prayer a few years ago’. He lives in another county many miles away. Confirmation of my blessed vocation!!

Just home from Medugorje. (Probably my tenth time). I know and believe without question or doubt that myriad graces and blessings shower us while in that sacred space and after we return home too. Slow release!! 

Probably my most memorable encounter was when I asked friendly lady security guard in foreign airport to help me secure Wi-Fi. She was so kind. Afterwards Holy Spirit prompt to share my prayer with her. Oh I did not want to do it but as always I found myself walking in her direction. What ensued will abide with me forever. Holy Spirit goosebumps engulfed us both and tears were shed. Unforgettable!!

Holy Spirit words to my heart one time, really spoke to dear lady’s heart, (and to all who hear them) ; ‘Pray it every morning. I cannot promise you that nothing will be wrong but you will be strong’. 

Journeying to and from Medugorje to deepest Kerry, long and arduous. Medugorje sunshine beautiful but thoroughly intense and exhausting. Many challenges!! I would do it all again though just to witness that beautiful encounter and many others too. We don’t know what God knows!!

We can be weak because Jesus is strong!! We just need to show up!!

I got to sing at Holy Mass while in Medugorje. My joy to sing in my own Church here at home most days. One lady told me that it seemed as if I was not singing at all as there was no effort involved. I replied as I always do; ‘I simply hold the microphone, Jesus sings’. Not everyone believes me but I speak the truth from my deepest heart.

I got to sing three songs while travelling on a bus to the airport. Pilgrims request!! While there is breath in my body I will not refuse what God has freely gifted me.

‘May the Holy Spirit enkindle you with the fire of His love so that you may persevere, unfailingly in the love of His service. Thus you may merit to become, at last, a living stone in the celestial Jerusalem’. 
(St. Hildegard Von Bingen)




No comments:

Post a Comment