Saturday, October 3, 2026

“Love one another as I have love you”. (John 13:34)


Handsome ‘fast asleep’ man, sprawled across the table, his rugged face steeped in bad decisions. My seat just across the aisle. Manual worker, bag of utensils by his side. After some time he awoke, tad confused, talking to himself.

Reaching for his phone he began to play the most amazing songs. Dancing kind!! He took a drink from his can of alcohol too, still happily talking to himself. At the same time, his fingers perfectly on time to the beat, danced on the tabletop. He could dance!! No doubt about that.

My time to get off the train, he was staying on. ‘Thankyou for the music’, I told him. Wow!! What a transformation!! ‘Thankyou’, he replied, startled but extremely happy. There it is in vivid display!! To be seen, known and ultimately loved is the deepest desire of every human heart!!

He admired my Rosary beads, his own Rosary beads tying the top of his work bag together. He proudly pointed that out to me. Happily he accepted my prayer. The way he said; ‘Thankyou Bridget’, shall linger in my heart for the longest time. Sheer beauty!!

‘You can dance’, I said to which he replied, chuffed; ‘I can indeed’.

‘We’ll meet in Heaven’, I said. ‘Yes’, he replied, ‘I’ll wait for you at the gate. I will be playing the music’. 

My next train, something very similar occurred. Another gentleman joined me, bearing shiny laptop and classy man-bag. Wonderful encounter yet again, prayer shared, and yes definitely!!  To be seen known and ultimately loved, transcends class, colour and creed.

We are all God’s children and life is beautiful.

‘Always be impartial and just in your deeds. Put yourself into your neighbour’s place, and him in yours and then you will judge fairly. Frequently, therefore, examine your heart, whether it is so disposed toward your neighbour, as you would have his disposed towards you, were you to change places; for this is the true test’. (St. Francis de Sales)


Pretty ladybird☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment