Friday, October 4, 2019

Clever Crows.πŸ¦…






My carefree crows congregating on the tall trees at the end of my garden, cacophony of sound wafting it’s way through my open window, I love them with all my heart. New babies born, big excitement. I love the way there’s always one crow watching over each nest at all times, making sure babies are safe and sound, as they chat across with one another, swapping baby tips from their strategic perches. After a time, when the babies are strong enough to fend for themselves, I love how they fly together, parents and children, singing and shouting for joy, loving every minute of the august gift that is Life.

‘O come let us sing to the Lord! Let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come into His Presence with thanksgiving; Let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise! (Psalm 94:1)

Just when I am certain they are fast asleep and all is hushed in crow land, off they go again in a burst of radiant exuberance. Their joie de vivre fills me with gratitude to God for the wonderful Gift that is Life. They teach me that no day is an ordinary day, every day is a new day, never to be repeated. That Life is a priceless precious gift from Father God, a sublime adventure to be lived and enjoyed, and not a prickly problem to be endured.

‘Said the sparrow to the robin, ‘I’d really like to know, what motivates those foolish mortals, as they rush around and worry so. Said the robin to the sparrow, ‘I think that it must be, they have no Heavenly Father, such as cares for you and me’ (Elizabeth Cheney)
‘Let all creation help you to praise God. Give yourself the rest you need. When you are walking alone, listen to the sermon preached to you by the flowers, the trees, the shrubs, the sky, the sun and the whole world. Notice how they preach to you a sermon full of Love, of praise of God, and how they invite you to proclaim the greatness of the One who has given them being’.                                                                    (St. Paul of the Cross)









No comments:

Post a Comment