Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Life is a ๐Ÿ’ƒ ☀️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป



‘As long as we cling to You and not our own plans, You will provide everything including our fulfilment’, (Fr. Innocent’s words on ICONS)

Poignant words that perfectly sum up my day. 7.30AM I arrived at bus stop only to be told that the bus in question would not be fulfilling it’s fixture, road closed to all traffic and so it could not get through. Tragically, young man on his motorcycle lost his life in our town last evening. God rest his gentle soul and comfort his grieving family and friends. Our prayers are for all of them this night.

11.45 bus did not show up either and so five of us, motley crew, ended up sharing taxi to Killarney. Young guy, two ‘mature’ dames, two young Spanish girls. Joy-filled journey, of course all five accepted gladly my ‘morning prayer’. 

Young Spanish ladies told me, smiling brightly, grateful for how what seemed like an impossible situation unfolded, that they would both pray it every morning. Young guy has ‘stuff going on’ at the moment and will pray it too. Mature dame is thrilled to have ‘her prayer’ now.

Cantankerous wasp stung our taxi driver’s thumb and I happened to have antiseptic ointment in my case which I had nonchalantly packed this morning for no particular reason at all. Or so it seemed! Holy Spirit looks after the tiniest of details. Taxi driver did not refuse my prayer at journey’s end๐Ÿฅณ

Cork city, Hannah in the Charity shop, Emily in sweet shop, John at the bus stop and many more besides all accepted my prayer. I have no doubt whatever that God approves highly and so, as long as I have breath in my body I will continue on with my prayer-sharing vocation. 

Lady tripped over my suitcase case as I dragged it along behind me ๐Ÿ˜ณ She could have been badly hurt but somehow managed to remain standing (almost). Our Guardian Angels never leave our sides, we owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

Journey home took forever, beyond wrecked but oh what a day!! What a Mighty God we serve!! Walking with Jesus adventure extraordinaire, no dull moment, all things working together like clockwork. A time for everything and everything in it’s own time. 

ALL for the supreme Glory of God.

‘Live so near to me that you may never miss the opportunity of being used by me. It is the prepared instrument, lying nearest to the Master Craftsman’s Hand that is seized to do the work’. (Jesus to the two listeners/God Calling ๐Ÿ“–)


  Just minding his own business ๐Ÿ˜Ž

‘Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for Love’. (The Little Flower)

No comments:

Post a Comment