Monday, August 29, 2022

Time out☀️


‘If you keep your heart steady at it’s centre, loving and choosing God’s will whatever it may be, and then in the little details of life that are counted by the thousands, set your own will aside and try to do it as if you liked it, that will be a great victory and a perfect preparation for anything that God may have in store for you later on’. (Companionship with Christ)

Housebound for now, my poor well worn ankle has some torn ligaments. Last week I had the awesome privilege of reading at Holy Mass being celebrated for Eric (husband) and parents in charming unadorned Filemore Church of my childhood years. That sacred sacrosanct space fills me with joy every time I walk through the doors. Magnificent memories of attending Holy Mass with gentle humble parents and siblings sweeping through me enveloping every fibre of my being.

Leaving Church, delightfully distracted, momentarily forgetting I stood on a step, thus wrenching my ankle horrifically. Some days later, impatiently, I decided to hobble to Holy Mass on my walking stick, yearning with all my heart to receive Jesus in the Most Holy Eucharist. When I eventually returned back home again, my aching ankle in profoundly pathetic state.

I don’t know if Holy Spirit prompted me to attend Holy Mass or if perhaps He worked my folly for good (most likely the latter!) but either way two wonderful events would not have occurred had I remained home that day. Remarkable encounters that remain in my heart for always.

That being said, now is time to relax, accept God’s will for my life and recover. 

When God’s will is my will and my will is God’s will - then I am safe.

‘Many are the plans in the mind of man but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established’.                 (Proverbs 19:21)

‘If you want faith, pray. If you want hope, pray. If you want kindness, pray. If you want poverty, pray. If you want obedience, pray. If you want integrity, pray. If you want humility, pray. If you want gentleness, pray. If you want strength, pray. If you want any virtue, pray. (Angela of Foligno)



No comments:

Post a Comment