Friday, September 9, 2022

Going Home 🏑 ❤️


First encounter 18/3/2022, Tanye and son Mischa had only just arrived in our town. I offered them my prayer and there began our beautiful friendship. From that moment onwards we enjoyed six memorable months of downright delight - walking, talking, praying, crying, laughing (lots), drinking tea, and so much more. 

We became family to each other, I Tanye’s ‘Irish mother’ and Mischa’s ‘Irish Grandmother’ for always and ever now. Tanye over the moon to now be the sister to four ‘Irish’ brothers.

Had that horrific cruel Ukraine war (which totally taxes credulity) never come to pass, safe to assume our paths most likely would never have crossed. God in His kindness and mercy works all things for good, beauty from ashes.

Pope Francis oftentimes declares that the devil is strong but God is stronger. Comforting words I repeat over and over as we wade through these terrible times.

Tomorrow morning Tanye and Mischa return to Ukraine. Of course I am sad and worried for them but happy too. They miss their homeland, they want and need with all their hearts to go 🏠. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ 

‘The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid’. (Psalm 27:1)

Our final ‘kitchen table’ chat.😌
                                                              Proud to be Mischa’s Irish πŸ‘΅ 
     Whether in Ukraine or Ireland - always we are walking with Jesus coz He knows the way.πŸ™πŸ»❤️

                                                                       Goodbye for now.😌

                                                     On the bus from Poland to Ukraine.πŸ’žπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

                                                    Taken from ‘St. Anthony’s Brief’. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

                                                  Our final meeting - Heuston Station 12/3/2023







 

No comments:

Post a Comment