Sunday, February 23, 2020

Homeless in Dublin.




‘In every passerby, everywhere - Christ. He is in everyone. There can be no outcasts’.                              (Caryll Houselander)

Dublin bustling, Friday feeling heavy in the air. Contrastingly - Leon from Derry - Paul from Bray - Joanna from Galway - Emma from Dublin - Niall from Cork - Rebecca from The United States - Levi from Wales -  Gentle silent guy in Church.

Homeless in Dublin, each one crouched alone in a cold cement place, exiled to the fringes. Faceless, nameless, lost in plain sight. I expect a cold handshake but ‘icy’ more like. They share their stories and sorrows, I share my story, Rosary beads, Miraculous Medals and widow’s mite. Interchange extraordinaire.😀

‘May intolerance and exclusion never have a place in our hearts, in our words, in our institutions, in our classrooms’. (Pope Francis)
That evening we enjoy hilarious play in the Olympia. Pre-Covid, we were free to do it all. Thankyou  Father God for our wonderful day around Dublin, Rurs and me. Beautiful meaningful encounters with our homeless brothers and sisters that will remain forever in my deepest ❤️. Today, 16th July 2021, in my retrospective gaze, it seems unbelievable, like a fabulous fantasy, like I dreamed it all up.





No comments:

Post a Comment