Friday, February 18, 2022

Storm Eunice ☔️


‘If life was predictable it would cease to be Life and be without flavour’. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

I awoke to no electricity, Storm Eunice touched down in the early hours. No heating, no morning tea. No mobile phone. No birds singing. Hailstones pelting my window. Bitterly cold.

I left it all behind and made my way to Holy Mass. young boy would be receiving sublime Sacrament of Confirmation and I looked forward to receiving infusion of Grace from wonderful Holy Spirit on this momentous day. Church in semi darkness, no lighting. No livestream either and no microphones. 

However, none of that mattered. Holy Mass in that sacred simple setting beyond beautiful. Holy Spirit, giver of Light and Life flooding our souls with His Heavenly Presence.

Afterwards, John and I supped hot tea in the only semi-dark cafe open. Having John in my life calls me higher. Eileen and I took a stroll in the unrelenting hailstones. My cats turned up for their supper. 🐈‍⬛ 🐈 



‘We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God’ (St. Frances de Sales)




‘May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in Hope by the power of the Holy Spirit’. (Romans 15:13) 

No comments:

Post a Comment