Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Let go and let God☀️🙏🏻

Daniel was in no mood for my chitchat when I arrived at his Care-Home today. He agreed to let me fix his pillow before closing his weary eyes in peaceful sleep. Walking away from him, feeling extra to curriculum, unwanted, when after a while beautiful Jesus spoke to my deepest heart. (I love how calm my Jesus always is). ‘You came here today to fix Daniel’s pillow. He has no need of anything else’. Wow! My bus journey was not a wasted one. I got to do what I was called to do. All glory and honour to Holy Trinity one God. (I had forgotten that our elderly need so little but they need that ‘little’ so much!)

I prayed Holy Rosary in magnificent Church. Sheer joy! Normally I kneel or sit while in prayer but walking in prayerful reverence in the company and under glorious gaze of Jesus in Holy Tabernacle. Unutterably sublime.

Wonderful encounters in compact Cafe (tiny). Ash, young guy who’s pretty flower, now dried and pressed, is in my prayer-book from our very first meeting almost a year ago. Today our third meeting. (Coincidence, said Ash. God-incidence I suggested).  As we parted I gifted him St. Catherine of Sienna’s beautiful quote: ‘Be who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire’. He memorised it joyfully. Perhaps that is all Ash needed today too. 

Two Phillipino ladies received my prayer. One said: ‘This is a big blessing. God is with us right here, right now’. Other lady will stick it on the wall beside her bed and pray it every morning. Polish lady ‘spiritual’ and not religious so declined my prayer. I suggested she keep it until she is elderly like us and perhaps one day she may well pick it up again. Delighted she agreed. (Probably thinking to herself that ‘being elderly’ is way off in the distance. I thought that one time too!)

Nora in Post Office queue (our coats identical!) shared as she gratefully accepted my prayer: ‘This is beautiful. I am just emerging from a fierce battle with cancer’. How can I possibly articulate how grateful I am to be used by God in moments like that! Better than all the tea in China.

‘If only we would go out calling upon Jesus power, His Grace, His authority and His word, and leaving ourselves out of the picture, we too could do wonders for Him’. (Frances Hogan)

Henry Nouwen.

No comments:

Post a Comment