Sunday, April 21, 2024

Ever what He brings me☀️πŸ™πŸ»

God is the Artist. I am the block of marble and the chisel is EVERYTHING.
Thinking this morning how uncomplicated life can become when we learn to accept each moment without judgement. ‘My Grace is with you right now’. In recent times, Heavenly peace has descended into my deepest heart and never before have I tasted anything remotely like it. Unutterable!! I love to share how wonderful Father God took all my shattered nerves and painstakingly, over time, He replaced each one with a brand new nerve. This is how I see it.

“From on high He reached down and seized me; He drew me forth from the mighty waters”.
(Psalm 17:17)

“Almost forty years ago, I ran a crΓ¨che in a Fitness Club. Back in the day when rules and regulations were scant, we made it up as we went along. Hard to believe such times even existed! One day I asked a little boy (Docter now) what he was hoping to receive from Santa Clause. Without a moment’s hesitation he simply replied; ‘Ever what he brings me’. 

I never forgot those wise words from the mouth of a child. They remained in my heart up and down the long years waiting for the day when I could honestly apply them to my own wonderful life from God;  Dear Lord, ever what You bring me. Amen

Joyful devout Priest and congregation all the way from America celebrated Holy Mass in our Church early this morning. My privilege to be their Sacristan. Last week a different American group celebrated Holy Mass too. Both groups each received my powerful prayer and loved it. Lots of laminating of late! 

Today’s group’s Bus Driver’s relatives living in our town and I got to connect them. Thing is, had his cousin not been ultra helpful a few months ago when many asylum seekers began to arrive in our town, I would not have had his number and so Bus Driver and his kin might have passed as ships in the night. How great is our God. 

Same Bus Driver, all the way from America, attended his first Holy Mass in twenty years in our Church this morning. What an honour for us! He told me that somehow mysteriously he agreed to be Bus Driver for this ‘Holy’ tour having turned down all other previous requests. When I handed him Holy Rosary beads from Medugorje, we both knew Mother Mary was gently calling her son home from his extended travels. Bus Driver had no complaints as he smiled from ear to ear.

                                            Moment of transcendence, beauty and peace. 

‘Everything I have learned about beauty in its simplicity, I learned from the Blessed Virgin Mary’.     (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Luminous encounter in Church this evening. Beautiful gentle couple all the way from Tennessee joyfully accepted my powerful prayer and then charming lady told me that her handsome husband was enjoying a ‘quiet day’. She went on to explain (in few words) that for the duration of one whole day every week he utters not a single word, doing everything he normally does in serene silence. Oftentimes she joins him on his day of calm.

Something about them touched my deepest heart. We spoke very little and yet our encounter was heavily laden with all that is good, true and beautiful. Definitely worth pondering upon…..one whole day without words!

‘Beauty and creativity liberate the spirit and bring peace’. (Catherine Doherty/Madonna House)




No comments:

Post a Comment