Thursday, August 12, 2021

A change is as good as a rest.🧿

‘Away from the news; strikes and strife and unrest - to the quiet of a place where the soul can be blessed. To somewhere unspoilt where the tired eyes can see - this beautiful world as God meant it to be’.               (Patience Strong)


Returning home to my own place after an idyllic week, feeling pristine, refreshed, reminding me of a time in my life many long years ago. In the office where I worked, I could not get the set of accounts to balance no matter what, as I poured over them all day long. That evening, leaving the office frustrated and frazzled, I was glad it was Friday, welcome weekend to forget all about them. 

Imagine my shock and surprise on Monday morning when at first glance I saw right away what had escaped my attention and eluded my best efforts. The glaringly obvious pesky problem was staring me right in the face. How could this be? Surely somebody had tampered with my accounts over the weekend. I enquired of the others who that helpful person might be so that I might thank him or her. No one had laid a hand on them, I was assured. My accounts had remained untouched, exactly as I had left them on the previous Friday. 

Lightbulb moment πŸ’‘ sure proof that walking away and putting serious distance between the problem and myself had refreshed my eyes and my whole way of seeing and being. If I had not experienced it for myself I would have had huge difficulty believing such a thing was possible. In fact, so flabbergasted was I, that it has never dimmed in my memory.

My heart is constantly overflowing with gratitude to God for the awesome adventure that is my life. When I’m in the throes of it all such is my happiness that the desire to stop and rest awhile never enters my mind and heart. However when I drop tools at the appointed time, when I take off to pastures new for a brief respite, I return home always with even more gratitude to God in my heart and a whole new way too of seeing and being. 

God’s many layers are never exhausted, out with the old, in with the new. ‘The Spiritual life is a never-ending beginning you know’, Jesus told Gabrielle Bossis. (He and I). What a Mighty God we serve, He can never be outdone in generosity, not everπŸ™πŸ»  

‘I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint’. (Jeremiah 31:25)


‘And He said unto them, come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest awhile’. (Mark 6:31)


No comments:

Post a Comment