Monday, May 31, 2021

Freely, I have received, freely I give.☀️


                                          ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’. (Hebrews 13:5)

This beautiful verse danced into my heart as I waved goodbye to Eric. Both of us sad, parting is never easy. Loneliness will linger for a while but it can not lodge in my deepest heart where Jesus rests. Jesus and loneliness can never coexist.

A line from Nanci Griffith’s song; ‘Leaving never hurts as much as being left behind’ dances into my heart. Walking with Jesus renders ‘being left behind’ very doable, I am not alone, this I know. Later, hearing that Eric is home safe and sound in the bosom of his precious family is more than enough to fill my heart to overflowing with deep gratitude. Not possible to be grateful and unhappy at the same time. 

Praying Holy Rosary instead of wallowing in self pity brings me calm like nothing else ever does. No wonder Saint Pope John Paul wrote; ‘To pray Holy Rosary is to hand over our burdens to the merciful hearts of Christ and Mother Mary’. Contemplating Sacred Mysteries📿lifts me out of my small musty little world of one, filling my heart with Hope, one blessed drop at a time. 

I am reminded of my true vocation and deepest desire of my heart; To be the hands and feet of Jesus in my tiny span in this wonderful world, so the Face and Heart of Christ would be experienced in the world.

To share what I have learned, pass on what I have been gifted. Everything comes from God, freely freely I have received much, freely freely I give.

‘If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life from aching, or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain’. (Emily Dickinson)

Ice-cream cone from Bank’s shop. It does not get any better....

My good friend Mary gifted Eric sunflowers for Saoirse, Aoife and Cillian.🎆


Love is a many splendored thing 💎 


No comments:

Post a Comment