Sunday, September 19, 2021

The Docter wouldn’t like to be hungry himself. ๐ŸŽ†

 


I asked God for one cat, He despatched four. God will never be outdone in generosity. They make an appearance every single day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They simply eat and go. I love them. They love me. Agape Love. It is ENOUGH.

‘If you keep feeding them, they will continue dropping by’, a friend cautioned. ‘I hope so’, I told her, honestly. Forty years ago, when I told my dear Mom that my Docter strongly advised against giving my ravenous newborn baby, Eric, a bottle of milk alongside being breast fed, she replied simply: ‘The Docter would not like to be hungry, himself’. Wow๐Ÿ˜€ Right away, I fed Eric his first bottle and he slept soundly, happy and content. 

Mom’s sage wisdom has stayed with me all down the long years. Nobody takes leave of No.6 without sustenance, God makes every provision.

‘God’s command is His enabling. He will not ask you to do anything which He will not enable you to perform and don’t you forget it’. (Elizabeth Elliot)


I did not ask God for a dog but Lady Collie, feeling a little peckish, dropped by today. Our God is a God of surprises๐Ÿ˜€ She’s as welcome as the flowers of May. There is always enough to go around.
‘The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want’. (Psalm 23:1)๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป


No comments:

Post a Comment