Sunday, September 5, 2021

Time to say Goodbye.😒

That time again. Bags packed at the ready, my heavy heart reminding me of our myriad Graces and Blessings, far too numerous to mention. Two brimful weeks, chock-full with all things bright and beautiful. Yes indeed, an attitude of gratitude is the only appropriate responseπŸ™πŸ»

Life is for living and Killian has lots of that to do, God willing. I pray he makes the very most of the awesome adventure that is his life, God’s greatest Gift. His big beautiful heart will affect many for good, I look forward to seeing him involved with some organisation where others will experience his loving kindness as I have. 

One thing renews another. At eighteen years of age I set sail for Dublin, leaving behind our cozy humble home in deepest Kerry. Culture shock extraordinaire, I must have looked like a fish out of water. I certainly felt like one, my simple country upbringing written all over me. We wrote long newsy letters to each other, my dear Mom and me. I still have them in safe keeping, precious notes from a time long past. 

Vancouver today, Dublin in the 1970’s - no considerable difference, leaving home is always agonising, both for the traveller and the one left behind. It tugs on the heart like nothing else can. Love hurts but the rewards are worth every salty tear.😒 Don’t just live - Live with passion.

‘Love in action is a hard and dreadful thing compared to love in dreams’. (Dostoyevsky)
‘One must not always think so much about what one should do, but rather what one should be. Our works do not ennoble us; but we must ennoble our works’. (Meister Eckhart)



1 comment:

  1. A great time was had and this summarises it nicely! "Write when you land...."

    ReplyDelete