Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Today☀️


Writing my diary makes tiniest events in my day stand out. Each miraculous moment honoured, nothing goes unnoticed. As a result, my heart is filled to overflowing with gigantic gratitude to God at all times.

Even flat refusals don’t sting like they did before. Two guys on my way to Holy Mass this morning rendered grumpy ‘I’m alright’, almost in unison, when I offered them my prayer. Workmen with lots on their minds I could tell. (One guy hesitated for a split-second....)

Refusals out of the way early, myriad wonderful life-enhancing prayer-sharing encounters ensued. Mary whose daughter is troubled right now. Mary who has just undergone brain-surgery. Marie who just might pray my prayer every morning even though she has ‘given up all that stuff’ but ‘everything happens for a reason’. Three American ladies super happy to accept. As were pleasant couple who dropped into Church on their way through our town to some place else - that a really uplifting sharing.

Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and my dear friend John got up from his seat and came to sit next to me for no reason at all. We sat together in silence adoring beautiful Jesus. When John does that, then I know for sure in my deepest spirit that I am being comforted by beautiful Jesus. 

Today too an old friend decided to receive Sacrament of Confession after many years. Somehow the topic arose as we strolled in the midday sun. Definitely workings of the Holy Spirit, no other possible explanation. Baffling and downright amazing the way it all came to pass, over the moon for my dear friend.

My friend Dudu from South Africa received word yesterday that she has permission to remain in Ireland having been a refugee in our country for the past two years. We both cried and thanked Almighty God for His immense kindness. Very soon Dudu will return to South Africa for her young child and they will both reside in Ireland, safe and secure. O happy day☀️

Sublime privilege was mine to take Holy Eucharist to my dear lady Sheila in the afternoon. Praying Holy Rosary together better than ‘all the tea in China’ as my dear Mom used to say. I love how our esteemed elders pray Holy Rosary without missing a syllable, proving without a shadow of a doubt that when all else fails Prayer steadfastly endures. I saw it happen with every single person I have had the magnificent privilege of accompanying and I will never tire of bearing witness to that wonderful truth.

                            ‘Beauty is the heart’s encounter with the Living God’. (Bill Donaghy)

              Today is the feast day of St. Peter and St. Paul, foremost Apostles of Jesus Christ. 


                                             I love my ‘blast from the past’ gift from dear Phil.

                                                                                 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป


Beautiful words of wisdom in my heart and on my lips when I awoke this morning: ‘Enjoy ourselves like we are getting paid. The fructive path’. Yes indeed, living the Simple Abundant life is really that easy - Enjoy what we are asked to do by God - like we are getting paid!.☀️๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป (Because we ARE๐ŸŽถ☀️๐ŸŽ†

No comments:

Post a Comment