Monday, July 11, 2022

Time out⏱☀️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

 


9.30AM Holy Mass in the little Church right next door this morning. After Holy Mass lady began to pray Holy Rosary and devout elderly priest who celebrated Holy Mass stayed on and prayed Holy Rosary with us. Truly beautiful ๐Ÿ“ฟ. I got to tell him that not alone had he not aged any, since this time last year but that he had undoubtedly gotten younger. ‘That’s great news’, he replied, laughing heartily.

‘But those who wait on The Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint’. (Isaiah 40:31)

I sat on a green bench in the sunshine chatting on phone with my sister Anne. Her husband Mike had a brain-bleed night before their son’s Micheal&Cathy’s Wedding two days ago. What an unforgettable Wedding day - happy and sad, tears go leor, watching and waiting while Mike’s brain surgery took place. Deep relief when glad tidings filtered through that Mike had arrived safely in Recovery room.

Mike and Anne missed out on their son’s Wedding but they are filled with gratitude to God as all of us are. Mike is doing well Thank God. How Great is our God.

Lady who lit ten candles in a glorious radiant line of prayer in Church accepted my prayer. Ross and Chloe, two young Dunnes Stores cashiers accepted joyfully my prayer (at different times). Their eager receptivity delighting my spirit. Two elderly ladies declined.

I love precious time with Diarmuid and Shona in this little picturesque village. Their kindness and caring never ending, balm to my soul. Restorative. 

Ice cream van jingle ground my siesta to an unanticipated halt. Not in many a long day did I witness so much joy in one place as children danced and shouted with unbridled glee outside my window. Such a long time since I heard the Ice cream Van jingle  - I thought they were a thing of the past. Wonderfully reassuring to see that some things never change. ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

This evening a visit to beautiful Glendalough. 

‘Think deeply. Speak gently. Love much. Laugh often. Work hard. Give freely. Pray earnestly. Be KIND’. (Source unknown)

Just look what I found in the little corner shop for my grandson Cillian....๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ


No comments:

Post a Comment