Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Whoever has God lacks NOTHING☀️

‘Faith and love are like the blind man’s guides. They will lead you along a path unknown to you, to the place where God is hidden’. (St. John of the Cross)
Deep trauma indelibly etched across the landscape of her sad anxious face when we met for the first time, three weeks ago. She had just arrived in our town from a land far far away. Amongst other stuff, I gifted her St.Benedict medal. This morning she approached me smiling brightly. ‘My nightmares are gone since I began wearing your medal’, she whispered. (Last time we talked, she did not. She merely nodded). I stifled tears of joy and gratitude!

Young man, handsome, beaten down by life accepted my prayer. When I remarked on his beautiful smile his tired eyes glistened with tears. 

Gentle lady in St. Anne’s Holy Rosary group deep in Alzheimers. Non-verbal. Today she made the sign of the cross over herself smiling brighter than a thousand suns. Then she did it a second time with so much divine delight.

Thing is, as I hurried to Church early this morning (my day to be Sacristan, sing, read at Holy Mass, pray Holy Rosary from Holy Alter before Holy Mass) I was thinking to myself how much I love this joyous life Father God bestows upon me every day of my life. 

Not that I voluntarily succumbed! No way. Twenty years ago I cried and pleaded with God to let us somehow remain living in Swords. Yes, Everything was crumbling around us but for God nothing is impossible so why could it not just happen as we dearly hoped and wished for.

Thank you Father God from my deepest heart. You gave me everything I needed, nothing I wanted. Turns out what I wanted was far inferior to the riches You held in store for me. Every single day I realise it more and more.

‘Let us make up for lost time. Let us give to God the time that remains to us’. (St. Alphonsus Liguori)

‘For  My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts’.        (Isaiah 55:8-9)

St. Benedict medal.🙏🏻








No comments:

Post a Comment