Sunday, November 26, 2023

Christ, our KingπŸŒŸπŸ™πŸ»

Jesus is the joy of every human heart.
‘Our true worth does not consist in what human beings think of us. What we really are consists in what God knows us to be’. (St. John Berchmans)

I read the above first thing this morning and oh so timely! Last night a young lady accepted my prayer (three prayers for her children too) and I am almost certain she then went and giggled with her pals about the whole encounter. In fact I am sure of it.

Returning home feeling a tad stupid and humiliated, I told my best friend Jesus: ‘Well, prayer-sharing is something I do’. Without delay, in my deepest heart I heard: ‘It is not something you do. It is WHAT you do’. Right then, perfect peace descended and thank God I slept soundly.

Writing it down is making something beautiful out of something painful. Works every time.

‘Do something beautiful for God’. (Saint Mother Teresa)

Wonderful sharing with Ukrainian couple in Church this morning. Our topic ‘forgiveness’. I shared St. Mother Teresa’s words: ‘In the final analysis it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway’. Young man holding up my prayer uttered: ‘That is good to contemplate’. Only prayer changes hearts. Forgiveness is a powerful gift to give and receive.

In Church too, after Holy Mass, some of our African friends sang ‘O happy day’ in their own inimitable style. Impromptu. Acapella. With a little practice they will sing at Holy Mass one morning very soon please God. Definitely something beautiful for God!

Today is the Solemnity of our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the universe. With beautiful Jesus, our elder brother as my model and guide, I rise, dust myself off and walk tall in the Gladsome Light of Christ, right on until the road ends.

‘Go forward in my strength and in the Spirit of Adventure’. (Jesus/God calling)

‘That’s the path to peace: being real with Jesus and pouring it all out at His feet. When we empty ourselves before Him, we make space to receive what Jesus wants to give us: new eyes to see and Grace to transform our tension into peace’. (Claire McGarry)

Good morning Jim 🐈☀️

Lord Jesus, I give You my hands to do Your work.
 I give You my feet to go Your way. I give You my eyes to see as You see. 
I give you my tongue to speak Your words.
 I give You my mind to think as You think. 
I give You my spirit so that You may pray in me. 
I give you myself so that You may grow in me.
 So that it is You, Lord Jesus who lives and works and prays in me.
 Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment