Monday, November 16, 2020

Christmas - not Xmas. πŸ™πŸ»



‘Xmas’,  highjacked, dismantled cold version of ‘Christmas’, gross insult to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Deeply degrading, profanity at it’s loftiest. 

When I asked a shop owner if she would change her ‘Xmas’ sign to ‘Christmas’,  her reply - ‘Maybe next year, there is not enough space for the full word’. No space for Jesus, nothing new there!! There was no space for Him back then, too. Jesus was born in a freezing stable, all doors shut to the Holy Family on that first Christmas night. 

We ourselves love hearing our own names spoken, something soothing in it, even the cruellest of dictators got to keep their own names for posterity, but not so for Jesus, ‘X’ will suffice. Father forgive us for we do not know not what we are doing. 

The ‘experts’ are suggesting we push Christmas back this year. When Corona numbers drop, when conditions are perfect, Christmas can take place. Then, we, self seeking folk that we are, will sing dance and be merry to our heart’s delight. 

Christmas will go ahead though, despite human reckoning, that’s a ‘given’. 

Jesus, Lord of the universe, was born in a freezing cold stable in Bethlehem on 25th December, for the sole purpose of dying a horrendous death for each and every one of us. He took upon Himself our shame and guilt so we would one day be with Him in Heaven. That is a transcendent immutable truth the ‘experts’ can never tamper with. 

Let us celebrate the real meaning of Christmas this year. Let us extend a warm heartfelt welcome to The Holy Family, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, into our hearts and homes. They will not arrive empty handed, they never do.

‘What can I give him, poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;  If I were a wise man, I would do my part; Yet what I can I give Him - Give my heart’. (Christina G. Rossetti)




No comments:

Post a Comment