Saturday, November 28, 2020

Holy Souls.πŸ™πŸ»


‘And I heard a voice from Heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord henceforth “. “Blessed indeed”, says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labours, for their deeds follow them”. (Revelation 14:13)

Nearing end of our pilgrimage, reflective, subdued and deeply privileged to have walked this hallowed ground. In my heart I feel a deeper closeness with our precious Holy souls. 

Humbled as we gaze on the Holy stone Alter where Holy Eucharist was celebrated. Our ancestors’ only sustenance and one delight. Battered statues of Jesus and Mary on impoverished graves pierced my soul, what comfort they must have brought poor people in that shameful famine time!

 Nowadays, Holy statues oftentimes dumped without thought into charity shops, discarded by polite society such as we. May God forgive us, we know not what we do. 

We may be a little hasty in our extensive clearance though. Many bereft in these tumultuous times of pandemic and in great spiritual distress. Without Faith in God, there is no shelter from life’s storms, no compass. With no anchor, we can but drift. No wind is helpful if we do not know to what port we are sailing. 

Anxiety rife in this fluid society that is ours. 

Our November Pilgrimage has given me much food for thought. At the outset, famine cemetery made me sad, and oh so angry. Today, with the passage of time and prayer, deep sadness remains but all anger gone. 

Thank you Holy Souls for this thought-provoking window to your world. Thankyou for keeping the Faith and passing it on. My great joy doing likewise to the best of my ability all the days of my life.

Although it was locked, I managed to open the gate of the cemetery a bit and said, “If you need something, my dear little souls, I will be glad to help you to the extent that the rule permits me”. I then heard these words, “Do the Will of God; we are happy in the measure that we have fulfilled God’s Will”.   (St. Faustina’s Divine Mercy Diary (518)

No comments:

Post a Comment