Thursday, April 1, 2021

Holy Thursday.πŸ™πŸ»




‘Jesus, knowing that The Father had given all things into His Hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God, rose from supper, laid aside his garments and girded Himself with a towel. Then He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded’. (John 13; 3-4)

Micheal fell and broke his arm, he was incapacitated and in urgent need of care and attention. My privilege to be the chosen one, Micheal is slow to trust. One time as I crouched on the floor at his feet putting his socks and shoes on, Micheal got visibly upset, agitated. ‘Don’t do that’, he uttered simply, my subservience clearly disturbing him. 

Beautiful Holy Spirit never ceases to inspire me in my most cryptic of happenings, as I replied without pause;  ‘Today I put your socks and shoes on, around the bend someone is waiting to put mine on, only that time is not here yet’. Micheal smiled, his facial expression relaxing, happiness resting on his brow once more.

‘Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example that you also should do as I have done to you’. (John 13:13-14)

Jesus never teaches anything that He does not radically practice Himself. How will we ‘wash’ someone’s feet today..............

‘Do not be afraid. Open wide the doors of Christ’. (Pope Saint John Paul)

(Eric bought me this beautiful statue when he was a very small boy).




No comments:

Post a Comment