Friday, April 2, 2021

Good Friday.


‘This Pure Victim, this Holy Victim, this Spotless Victim’.

‘Christ nailed to the Cross hold’s the key to all the world’s prisons, for He brings to the prisoners a freedom which no tyrant can take from them, the freedom they gain when they take on the will of God’. (Sister Aemiliana)

‘Each of us has an immortal soul for which the Heart of our Saviour gave all it’s Blood’. (Father Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange)

‘I saw the profuse bleeding of our Lord’s Head. Great drops of blood fell from beneath the thorny crown like pellets’. (St. Julian of Norwich)

‘May I never boast except in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world’. (Galatians 6:14)

‘It is a thing most wonderful, almost too wonderful to be. That God’s own Son should come from Heaven, and die to save a child like me’. (W.W. Howe)


The Church had been bombed. On the wall, untouched, the Holy Cross with Jesus shattered body spoke loudly to my deepest spirit. Saint Faustina is pointing to her/our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. On our way to this Church, outside Medugorje, our Pilgrimage bus far too large for the extremely narrow dirt track on which we travelled, we really believed we would all perish, I was never more scared in my whole life. Not only did we arrive safely, I was privileged and Blessed to photograph this sublime scene. Unforgettable journey on many levels. How Great is our God. How Great is our King.




No comments:

Post a Comment