Sunday, November 7, 2021

The Race is on.๐Ÿ’ก

‘I believe that life should be a continual preparation for the next life, because one doesn’t know the day nor the hour of our passing’. (Blessed Giorgio Frassati)

My plump folder of poor decisions and my lean one of righteous decisions ever before the eyes of my soul. Not to intimidate or shame me, not at all. They propel me forward, beckoning me on to higher ground. Reminding me of my Mom’s adage: ‘While there’s life, there’s hope’. Time on my hands still to make amends, tip the balance. Allelulia.

Each new day is a blessed opportunity from Father God to bear fruit for Eternity. To avail of any and every opportunity for good, thus topping up my righteous lean folder all the time. Meanwhile, bulky folder of poor decisions defunct and dust ridden, all growth cut off at the root. 

Ohhh ๐Ÿฅณ To stand before God on that fateful day, bearing myriad good folders and just one dusty bad one ๐Ÿ˜€ Now that’s a cause definitely worth living and dying for.

Let me waste not a moment, dear God of SECOND CHANCES. Free me from the tyranny of my own desires. 

‘The night is far spent, the day is at hand: Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness and let us put on the armour of light’. (Romans 13:12)


‘No moment can be wasted, no opportunity missed, since each has a purpose in man’s life, each has a purpose in God’s plan. Think of your day, today or yesterday. Think of the work you did, the people you met, moment by moment. What did it mean to you - What might it have meant to God?’
(Fr. Ciszek spent 23 years in Soviet prisons)





No comments:

Post a Comment