Thursday, May 28, 2020

‘She needs another brain scan’.πŸ˜‚

‘I might have died yesterday. I might have died a year ago. I did not; I am here; and it is all by God’s Grace that I am here, Then I must dedicate the day to God’. (Anthony Esolen/Magnificat)

Cathy seemed very pleased with herself, like she had just baked a cake of brown bread and was extremely satisfied with the outcome. I didn’t know her name at that time or that she was the person in control of the whole unit. On my last day, we met again, I asked if she would shed some light on my many missing hours. 

On the night I was admitted, she and Nurse Eileen had a mammoth task in their capable hands, Divine revelation badly needed. My brain scan came back clear but my actions told a much more alarming story. ‘It cannot be clear’, Cathy exclaimed - ‘She needs another brain scan’. 

Things were going from bad to worse when it came to their attention that my sodium levels were dangerously low, breakthrough finally. So it was that I ended up in Coronary Care on drips. 

‘Maybe I will write my book after all, I have the title now’, I interjected: ‘She needs another brain scan’. We laughed heartily. How can I ever thank them for all they did for me, in the midst of Corona pandemic.

I have never witnessed such selflessness, kindness and generosity of spirit, as I did in my ‘God vacation’, in University Hospital Kerry. ‘Did you, by any chance, think I was the president’s wife or someone really important’, I asked, as we parted company. 

Thank you kind folk for putting me back on my feet again, I feel renewed, restored, refurbished.

Kind folk, each and every one of you are in my heart and prayers. You who made my bed, you who served my meals, always with a smile. All you kind caring doctors, nurses and medical staff - you just wanted me to be well again. Thank God I am. 

Thank you my beautiful Guardian Angel. My forever friend, you never left my bedside.

I return home, leaner, weaker, more simple me, soaked in gratitude to God for a wonderful second chance. My rescued life belongs entirely to you, Dear Lord. I return home maybe even - a ‘better me’.

‘I’m just so grateful to be on the journey. I’m so grateful that I can still continue to learn and grow’.           (Sr. Miriam)
                                      Out of Coronary Care, Thank God. Skellig Ward cozy corner.☀️

With Killian, in  ‘much loved’  red πŸš—, heading home after my adventure of a lifetime. Awesome God. Praised be Jesus and Mary forever. AmenπŸ™πŸ»❤️

                                                            Home - Sweet Home.🏑 πŸ™πŸ» 
Shortly after returning home from hospital, I awoke one morning, speaking aloud the following words from wonderful Holy Spirit; ‘I am rebuilding you. This is your rest time. It is my gift to you. Accept and enjoy’. Many months later, August 2021, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that God’s word is true. He does not give us the whole picture but He leads us every step of the way.

‘Faith is not a light which scatters all our darkness, but a lamp which guides our steps in the night and suffices for the journey’. (Lumen fidei 57)


No comments:

Post a Comment