Sunday, January 2, 2022

Rest a while.πŸŒƒ

 


‘The apostles returned to Jesus, and told Him all that they had done and taught. He said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a lonely place and rest a while”. (Mark 6:30-31).

Quite incredibly, Frances Hogan called out the above verse on EWTN this morning as I began day one of my period of isolation. (30/12/2021). Sacred words resonating in my deepest heart, shifting my gaze, lifting my spirits. Whole new slant on proceedings, this new departure nothing less than sublime invitation from Jesus, silent retreat one might say. 

Melodic CD I purchased in Newtownmountkennedy charity shop last August for the princely sum of three euro made to measure for my time of rest and renewal: 34 Hymns of Hope and Faith. In the economy of salvation nothing is wasted. 

Whistling wind howling outside my door, driving rain like you would pour it out of a bucket, (as my dear friend Mary Brennan might say). Christmas lights twinkling, stove lighting and charity shop choir singing at the top of their magnificent voices: ‘Safe in the arms of Jesus’. 

 Yes, it is good to be here. Lord help me want to be what You want me to be. Amen

‘My house being now all stilled’. (St. John of the Cross)






No comments:

Post a Comment