Friday, March 11, 2022

Life is like that!๐ŸŒบ

‘There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of each man and woman which cannot be satisfied by any created thing but only by God the Creator, made known through Jesus Christ’. (Pascal)


I sat and chatted with many homeless folk, some downcast but many upbeat and happy with their lot. As always, without fail, they became more animated when they received my prayer than when they received my money. Same every single time. 

Like Darren who had people drop by and chat with him all the time. ‘I slag everyone’, he told me and I was no exception. He offered my prayer to the guy who had been chatting with him and to the street cleaner too. The accepted joyfully. If I could have stayed longer I would have had no prayers left in my bag.

My soul felt like it ate a huge burger as I took leave of Darren. I hope we meet again.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

‘Bread for yourself is a material matter: bread for other people is a spiritual matter’.
 (Nikolai Berdyaev)


Our Taxi drivers were very happy to accept my prayer. One guy from Iran told me that my smile was enough to pay my fare. He refused my money point blank and when I offered him my ‘Kerry Prayer’, he was delighted. ‘You have a rich heart’, he told me. Mysterious moving experience in rush-hour Dublin.

Another Taxi driver from Pakistan told us his name was Suleman and we were sure he said ‘Sullivan’. ๐Ÿ˜‚



No comments:

Post a Comment