Friday, March 11, 2022

Praying for peace๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

‘With Christians, a poetical view of things is a duty. We are bid to colour all things with hues of Faith, to see a Divine meaning in every event’. (St. John Henry Newman)


Chris from Poland, quietly going about his beautiful business with sand. As I knelt for a photo with him, Chris gently passed me his knee cushion and a brush. 

He perused my prayer before placing it in an inside pocket. Every morning he prays for peace in our world. He prays for the poor people in Ukraine. He prays for change of heart for Mr.Putin.

Henry Street buzzing but when Chris spoke it was as if all noise was suspended for a time. The Gladsome Light of Christ enveloped that tiny corner of the world, giving me pause, lifting me up. I was loathe to leave.

‘Beauty is that which pleases when seen or heard’. (St. Thomas Aquinas)



‘I will treasure this Mam’, spoke the affable young man (Jerome) in Veritas as he accepted my prayer.((I could not resist purchasing these pretty Rosary beads). As we introduced ourselves, I said: ‘Saint Jerome’. He replied smiling: ‘Saint Bridget’. Another light-filled encounter from Father God.๐Ÿ‘‘

                                         Surprise glorious catch-up for my boys and me too.๐Ÿฅณ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment