Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Fun family time🌟

‘God’s word doesn’t overwhelm us. It invites us to respond’. (Bishop Barron)

Wonderful amazingly beautiful time together. Every single second delightful. How can I possibly in all honesty put in words that which is unutterably magnificent.

Killian and I left home last Wednesday, road-trips back on!! From then until Saturday (Derm and Shona’s Wedding day) we lived together, Derm, Shona, Luna Belle, Killian and I in perfect harmony. (Almost😂) Hugely reminiscent of bygone days when Derm and Killian were small and I was big😁. 

Luna Belle slept in my arms as I sang her to sleep with my rendition of: ‘If I needed you🎶’.❤️ All of us strolled every evening into the nearest village, Derm made us succulent lunchtime wraps. Shona provided us with every comfort and kindness imaginable. Killian drove me every place I needed to go in his rented car. No distance too long or short.

Claire’s had the perfect fascinator to complete my wedding ensemble and the young shop assistant loved my prayer. Every action a transaction! Young girl who tinted my eyebrows loved my prayer too. ‘You probably don’t have many clients hand out prayers’ I suggested to which she replied: ‘Not at all! Nobody is religious anymore’. 

Lady in Dunnes Stores seemed thrilled to receive my prayer but Killian told me later he saw her shake her head as I walked away👵 I must be about my Father’s business though, ridiculed or not. Lady in Centra shop laughed too as I took my leave but I know in my deepest heart that both ladies were happy to receive my prayer. I am sure of it!!

Young lady who gave me directions to Hair Salon readily accepted my prayer with the words: ‘I am not religious but a friend forwards something Holy on to me every morning and oftentimes it is just what I need in that particular moment.’ As she walked away she called back to me: ‘Look, it fits perfectly in my pocket’.

Hairdresser replied when I asked if I might leave him a prayer; ‘You can try’ laughing in disbelief but definitely not refusing..

One young guy really touched my heart. As he took my prayer he uttered seriously: ‘I haven’t prayed in a very long time but I will pray this tomorrow morning and from here on in. I am actually catching a flight to Spain tomorrow and it is very hot over there right now’. 

Many many more prayer-sharing encounters. Taxi driver having survived brain tumour surgery is now enjoying and appreciating his life in a far richer way than ever before. He cannot stop thanking God for this second chance. Lady, holding my prayer to her heart, pleasantly surprised uttered: ‘Thank you. I am having surgery soon’.

Holy Spirit dropped new ‘chat up line’ into my deepest heart in the midst of my prayer-sharing: ‘When you pray this every morning, there’s no guarantee that nothing will be ‘wrong’  but there’s every chance that you will be ‘strong’. Young guy heading to overheated Spain really took that wisdom to heart.

Two delightful older ladies told me something that makes perfect sense! In this our day and time, young folk are yearning with all their heart for guidance and truth, consistency too, but at the same time they are extremely fearful lest their contemporaries might perceive them to be ‘Holy Joe’s’. (Dunnes Stores and Centra ladies😀)

With that in mind I shall go forward unafraid! This is what I am here for and for this task I have been made and redeemed for such a time as this.☀️

If you know what torch to light, guiding others through the night. Light it! 🌟

‘Young people need the light of watchful guides to lead them on the path of salvation’.                            (St. John Baptist de la Salle)


‘Jesus spoke to them saying; ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life’. (John 8:12)





No comments:

Post a Comment