Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Walking with Jesus🌟

‘Be who you are and be that well, in honour of the Master Craftsman whose handiwork you are’.                 (St. Frances De Sales)


‘Come to me all who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest’. (Matthew 11:28)

Beautiful words spoken in my dreams last night. Barely awake, I scrawled them in the notebook on my nightstand. Nighttime wisdom holds special significance in our lives.

Before Holy Mass, in the shop as I hurriedly wrote a card for posting, lady nearby on her phone sobbing quietly. She accepted my prayer, smiling through her diamond tears. (Come to me all you who labour…)

Walking in the rain along a country road after Holy Mass taking most Holy Eucharist to housebound lady. Sublime privilege mine! Walking with Jesus☀️

Tea and chat with visitors doing their utmost right now to settle into our town. Holy Rosary in St, Anne’s with my precious folk. Bridie, deaf and blind calls out St. Teresa of Avila’s prayer in all earnest;

‘Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things are passing away. God never changes. Patience endures all things. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices’. Amen

Pizza with V and a man approached me smiling; ‘My neck is improving every day since I began praying your prayer’, he uttered. Joyful encounter soaked in gratitude, beckoning me onwards.

Thing is, this morning I seriously considered striking some of today’s sacred assignments from my list. In my own human reckoning not enough hours in the day. So glad I did not though! Pope Benedict Emeritus wrote one time that when we are doing the will of God to the best of our poor ability, our time gets roomier!!

Definitely, that is exactly what happened today.

‘All the way to Heaven is Heaven, because Jesus said, ‘I am the way’. (St. Catherine of Siena)


‘Health is God’s great gift, and we must spend it entirely for Him. Our eyes should see only for God, our feet walk only for Him alone; in short, our entire body should serve God while we still have the time. Then when He shall take our health and we shall near our last day, our conscience will not reproach us for having misused it’. (St.John Bosch)





No comments:

Post a Comment