Saturday, July 22, 2023

Pass it on๐ŸŒŸ

‘The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest’. (St. Thomas More)

Rushing after 3pm live-streamed Holy Rosary in Church, almost didn’t offer her my prayer as she knelt silently, eyes closed, so glad now that I did. Thank you wonderful Holy Spirit.
We chatted and turns out our tales of wonder and woe matched almost perfectly, Being the (much) older dame I could pass on glorious gems gleaned on my winding road to where I stand right now. ‘You are very good’, she uttered sadly. ‘No’, I replied ‘Jesus is’, pointing to the large Cross on the wall
‘I didn’t read from a book what I am sharing with you’, I said. ‘I walked every mile of it in my moccasins’. Her fragile beautiful smile pierced my heart.

Tea with my new friends from a continent many miles from our town. Relieved, happy to be safe but they dearly wish to do something, anything, be of service, earn their keep. ‘Please be patient. This time of nothingness is not useless. You are growing stronger every day in every way’, I shared with them from my own lived experience. 

All on a Friday afternoon!! I love being my ripe old age! Lots to pass on!! 

If not me then who?

Road trip to catch a glimpse of tranquil soothing Atlantic Ocean. Every time ๐ŸŒŠ one of my dear Dad’s favourite songs dances into my heart:❤️

‘We saw the Atlantic, it wasn’t romantic. We saw the Pacific it wasn’t terrific. We saw the sea’. ๐ŸŽถ

‘Know that the Lord is God! It is He that made us, and we are His; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture’. (Psalm 100:3)

An elderly gentleman I gave my prayer to a long time ago, greeted me today with the words: ‘Hello there. God’s secretary’.๐Ÿ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment