Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Prune my own corner of the garden!🪴

‘He who carries God in his heart bears Heaven with him wherever he goes’. (St. Ignatius of Loyola)
‘Live adherently’, words scrawled on notepad near my bed this morning. Had I not penned them (barely awake) in the middle of the night, valuable wisdom most certainly would be lost and gone forever into the ether of the night. (New word to me - Adherent - one who gives full loyalty and support to another).

Later, EWTN, Fr. Augustine Wetta relating a vision experienced by his fellow priest: In the garden of the Apocalypse and a huge scary dragon shows up. Frantic, fellow priest runs at scary dragon with a flaming sword. St. Peter appears on the scene. ‘Give me that’, he says, taking the flaming sword and handing fellow priest a pruning shears. ‘Go prune your own corner of the garden’, he tells him.

Thing is, more young folk on their cellphones received my powerful prayer today than any other day heretofore. Extremely polite and genuinely delighted to be gifted a prayer by random Granny. ‘Pleased to meet you Bridget’, each and everyone of them told me. Beautiful young folk.

So that’s it! Live adherently and prune my own corner of the garden.

‘Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire’. (St. Catherine of Siena)

‘May every beat of my heart be a new hymn of praise to You, O Holy Trinity’.
 (St. Faustina’s Diary/1064)

No comments:

Post a Comment