Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Tis a pleasure to be asked!☀️πŸ˜€

‘Lose yourself in generous service and every day can be a most unusual day, a triumphant day, an abundantly rewarding day’. (William Arthur Ward)

‘It’s a pleasure to be asked’, my dear Mom would say every time I ranted and raved about having to milk Starry, one of our cows. I liked milking but my sister Katy never got asked to do it. Always she had the ‘nice’ chores like setting the table and watering Mom’s geraniums. I was so jealous.

Years later when I told Katy I envied her beauty inside and out, she kindly informed me that she envied me too, my freedom of spirit, chatting with everyone and anyone, anytime in any place. Thanks be to God, we held on tightly to our beautiful all-encompassing friendship up and down the long years in spite of and who knows!! maybe even because of how we oftentimes felt about each other.

Roll on myriad years and oh how Mom’s words ring true in my deepest heart as I travel down life’s highway. Tis a pleasure to be asked every single time. 

Tis a pleasure to find Jim 🐈 waiting on my window sill first thing every morning asking for food, my ravenous birds too. They know full well that breakfast is nigh!

Pleasure extraordinaire singing at Holy Mass every morning and in this Holy Advent time coming up to Christmas, singing at Senior Citizens Holy Mass and party. Today I got to sing at my third such Holy Mass and party and still more to come.

Pleasure too praying Holy Rosary in St. Anne’s with my precious folk. Yesterday Bridie, blind and deaf called out St. Teresa of Avila’s beautiful prayer with only the tiniest prompt. Kay, deeply troubled but at peace once again after our prayer uttering gently: ‘God is with us. He is’.

Not to mention getting to pray Live-streamed Holy Rosary from Church and the unutterable gift praying Chaplet of Divine Mercy at bedside of one about to breathe their last and forever leave this world and all it’s woes behind.

‘Oh how much we should pray for the dying! Let us take advantage of mercy while there is still time for mercy’. (St. Faustina Diary)

Thank you dear Mom. I had no idea what you were talking about back then but now I know very well and I am truly grateful for your sage words. Thank you too Starry.πŸ„. It most certainly is a pleasure to be asked!

Life indeed is a big wheel!! No doubt about it!!

‘The more generous we are, the more joyous we become. The more co-operative we are, the more valuable we become. The more enthusiastic we are, the more productive we become. The more serving we are, the more prosperous we become’. (William Arthur Ward)

Oh how I miss you dearest KatyπŸ˜ŒπŸ™πŸ»
‘A tremendous consolation and wondrous truth of our faith, is that every time we participate in the Holy Eucharist, we are in Heaven: in the company not only of the angels and all the saints; not only with God and in Him; but also intimately united with the ones we have loved so much on earth’. 
(Sr. Niamh Galvin)
 
‘Lord You know all things: You know that I love You’. Jesus said to Peter, ‘Feed my sheep’. (John 21:17)





No comments:

Post a Comment