Wednesday, February 21, 2024

God’s joyous arranging.☀️πŸ™πŸ»

On this date, every year for the past ten years, I have read the above and yet this morning is like reading it with fresh eyes for the very first time. ‘My will for you is my joyous arranging for you. The frustration of the Divine Plan is man’s tragedy’. I most certainly know this to be totally true. No comparison whatsoever between God’s Divine Plan for my life and my own puny paltry one.

Wonderful day strolling around Killarney on Sunday while my friend Mary tripped the light fantastic with her fellow dancers. Amazing encounters courtesy of my powerful prayer. Young couple in Friary lighting candles, shop assistant who was ‘religious’ one time but not any more, sad young girl and many many more.

In cafe, couldn’t help overhearing elderly guy, table next to mine, whine on about ‘all them refugees in every one our towns’. Somehow I managed to pray silently for him instead of letting him know how disgusted that selfish self-obsessed attitude makes me feel. Oh how much these bitter impoverished ‘herd mentality’ folk miss out on. I know that only too well because through God’s glorious Grace I get to spend many happy hours with struggling gracious folk (asylum seekers) in our town. All of us sharing our God-given talents and belongings.

(St.Mother Teresa would make the sign of the Holy Cross on her mouth every time she was in danger of saying something she knew she would later regret).

Visiting dear Mary in her Care-home, chatting with her friends. Peaceful Holy place where Jesus resides, but most folk will never know it because they do not come and see. Oh if only they would!

Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament in the Friary. Heaven on earth. Distressed guy took my prayer and then we prayed together. Both of us cried.

Bus journey on Monday and again countless amazing prayer-sharing encounters, uplifting and joyful. Visited with Daniel in his Care-home. I got him a travel-pillow for his poor neck and wow! that pillow changes everything. We sang our song and this time Daniel could be clearly heard. Something so powerfully beautiful could only have been arranged by God Himself. Daniel’s pillow once belonged to my friend’s husband who endured Motor Neurone disease to the bitter end. Gift extraordinaire!

Daniel is in St. Brigid’s ward!!

Of late I had mulled over the notion of travelling to another town, meet folk and share my prayer but had no idea what that might look like. Then, out of the blue, wonderful Holy Spirit invites me to visit with Daniel, and slowly, in God’s own time, a whole new wonderful world is opening up before my eyes. Unutterably amazing!

‘As a collaborator of Love, I do everything to Jesus, my beloved Lord. Here is an easy formula to remember: “Others = Jesus”. Applying this equation in my own life would make me a collaborator of Love forever’.  (Venerable Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan).

‘What does Love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what Love looks like’. (St. Augustine)


No comments:

Post a Comment