Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Service joyfully☀️πŸ™πŸ»

‘Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God’. (Leon Bloy)
Optician’s scan reveals that at the back of my left eye a nerve is thinning. Not ideal but all other tests normal so no intervention needed for now. Wait and see!! (No pun intended).

Taken aback for sure! Hearing unexpected news like that sharpens my focus. I think of my dear younger sister Katy who died suddenly over one year ago. Taken out of her shoes, no warning. Definitely her passing makes me even more passionate about life than before, despite the fact that I miss her oh so much. Paradox!

I truly believe that only when we pop our clogs and leave this world behind will we fully realise how wonderful and beautiful being alive in this world really is. Unutterable gift from our Father God. Hence my intention to make every moment matter whatever the circumstance or trial. Life is short. Eternity is forever.

Walking home in the rain, grumpy lady calls to me: ‘What a horrible day’. ‘We are alive thank God’. I reply smiling, she smiles too. The ordinary is extraordinary!

3PM live-streamed Holy Rosary in Church, sharing my prayer afterwards with young folk, two young ladies from Switzerland. Local guy who ‘mislaid my prayer’ and would like another to pray every morning going forward. Young folk delight my heart,

To be Your Hands and Feet, beautiful Jesus is deepest desire of my heart. You know how the story ends, I don’t need to. In the meantime, my eyes and all of me is Yours to use as You will.

‘I am confident of this: that the one who began a good work in you will bring it to completion on the day of Christ Jesus’. (Philippians 1:6)

















 


No comments:

Post a Comment