Thursday, January 7, 2021

Jesus Gladsome Light.💡

 


If only my window was clean, what an image this would have been and yet it speaks loudly to my deepest heart just as it is. Jesus Gladsome Light shining on the darkness of my brokenness, patching up my wounded spirit, gifting me His strength to keep on keeping on. Jesus said, ‘without Me you can do nothing’. He did not say I could do only a few things, He said ‘I can do nothing’.

‘He who abides in me and I in Him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing’. (John 15:5)

In these harsh days of Corona pandemic, Jesus words shield me from the storm raging all about us. Be of good cheer, God knows what He is about. The experts are doing their level best, they are shattered, thread-bare, in their frantic efforts to subdue the ever rising tide. My heart goes out to each and every one of them. 

Better still, Jesus understands what they are going through, He knows the weight they carry, they are not alone. Would that they believed that it is not all down to their own expertise and knowledge! Jesus, the real expert, has everything under control. If only they would look to Him, walk with Him, their terrible burden would be lightened, they might even sleep at night. ‘He will renew your life and sustain you’. (Ruth 4:15). 

Jesus is standing by, right now, waiting for their call. Would they believe me if I told them........might be worth a try.....

‘When the Sisters are exhausted, up to their eyes in work; when all seems to go awry, they spend an hour in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament. This practice has never failed to bear fruit: they experience peace and strength’. (St. Mother Teresa)

‘It is I who answer and look after you. I am like an evergreen cypress, from me comes your fruit. Whoever is wise let him understand these things; for the ways of The Lord are right and the upright walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them’. (Hosea 14: 8-9)


No comments:

Post a Comment