Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sunday ☀️


I placed Eric’s mortuary card in the cozy care of Mother Mary this morning. Deeply comforting and consoling.

Afterwards Paul approached me smiling. He began talking of his twenty year long sobriety and searing loneliness and mayhem of his alcohol years. We had never before met, I have no idea why he choose me out of the crowd but I am so glad he did. ‘Alcohol robbed us of Eric a long time before it killed him’, I told Paul. ‘I know’, he replied, ‘The bad we do on alcohol is not us at all. It is the demon drink’.

We prayed Hail Mary together before parting company. Amazing encounter, spoke volumes.

                                                             Nuala and I at the Blue Cross.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Fr. Leon preached on ‘Forgiveness’ at Holy Mass. We forgive others because we deserve to be free!!

Beautiful young shop assistant told me as she joyfully accepted my prayer: ‘You are so like my grandmother. She would always give me prayers’. I get that a lot๐Ÿ˜€ Thank God for grandmothers๐Ÿ‘ต๐Ÿ‘ต

Queueing for Sacrament of Confession gentle prayerful lady Phyllis and I enjoyed wonderful sharing. She and her elderly sister have dwelled together in harmony up and down the long years. Somebody one time lovingly bestowed on them the title: ‘Unclaimed Treasures’, she told me in fits of laughter. I just love those random conversations, food for the soul๐ŸŒธ

Priest who heard my Confession granting me absolution spoke with extremely poor English๐Ÿ˜€. God writes straight with crooked lines!! He understands all languages ๐ŸŽ†

Many folk back home asked if I would light Holy candles for their intentions. So many candles. So many intentions. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•ฏ๐Ÿ•ฏ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

                        “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness”. (Anne Frank)


No comments:

Post a Comment