Monday, October 24, 2022

The Peace of Christ.πŸ•―

‘It is time to leave all the negative stuff in the past, leave it behind. Jesus wants to walk with us today into tomorrow and every day. This is the day the Lord has made - let us receive it as a precious gift. Imagine you are sitting on a bench, Jesus is sitting with you and you know you are loved. Leave here today knowing how precious you are to the Lord and abide in that Love. Let us be at peace. That is what Jesus wants for us this day’.

Even though I only managed to scribble down a smidgen of Father’s inspiring homily at Holy Mass this morning, there is more than enough to imbibe and meditate on with grateful hearts.

‘This is the day that the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it’. (Psalm 118:24)

Lots of young folk accepted my prayer I am glad to say. They are so open to the good, the true and the beautiful. They need authenticity and consistency from us older folk, now more than ever. They badly need wisdom gleaned through our long years on God’s green earth.

Donatello, Daniela and I had a ton of fun. They promised to pray my prayer every morning and visit with me in Ireland some day too please God. 

Nevena (shop assistant too) accepted my prayer. ‘I never speak about my life but you look nice’ she said as she began to relate her story, impromptu. Her parents were less than thrilled when they were told they were expecting a baby, yet again. Number eight!! Enough already🀨 When she was born the midwife suggested she be named Nevena just like the flower that opens up beautifully in time. Profoundly beautiful encounter for us both.🌸
Barry who accepted my prayer a few days ago told me tonight that just as I offered it to him, he will now copy my prayer and pass it on to another. ‘Wisdom must be shared’, says Barry☀️

Two heavenly hours adoring Jesus in the most Blessed Sacrament in this beautiful little Chapel.☀️πŸ™πŸ»
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on me a sinner. Amen

                                                                          My prayer.πŸ™πŸ»







 

No comments:

Post a Comment