Thursday, October 13, 2022

Walk, walk in the Light๐ŸŽ†

 ‘I am the Light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life’.    (John 8:12)


‘Anyone who follows You O Lord will have the light of life’. Responsorial Psalm response at Holy Mass this morning.

If we bear in mind this day and all days, that we walk in the gladsome Light of Christ, no matter the darkness that looms and might well weigh heavy on our heart right now. If we believe without question or doubt that we have enough light always for our next step. I read one time that if we had light for many steps then we would depend only on ourselves and in our complacent self sufficiency, miss out totally on Jesus awesome guiding Light. What a loss in our lives that would be.๐Ÿ˜Œ

‘Keep Thou my feet, I do not ask to see the distant scene, one step enough for me’.                                 (St. John Henry Newman)

How utterly comforting!! Then it must surely follow that we have every reason to be hopeful and upbeat - no matter what our circumstances may be declaring right now. Children of the the Most High God - we do not walk in darkness.๐ŸŽถ

‘I needed that’, Mary uttered as I shared the above with her after Holy Mass this morning. “Me too”, my reply!!


           ‘Yea, Thou dost light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness’. (Psalm 18:28)

‘Our God is Father. He never gives us up in disappointment. He waits until the end. He has given us His Son as our Brother so He may walk with us and be our Light amid darkness, and accompany us towards “ the blessed and definitive hope”. (Pope Francis)

No comments:

Post a Comment