Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Advent wreath.🌺

‘Our homeland is in Heaven, and from Heaven comes the Saviour we are waiting for, the Lord Jesus Christ, and He will transfigure these wretched bodies of ours into copies of His glorious Body’. 
(Philippians 3:20)


This year I longed for Advent wreath with all my heart but had no idea how to source it so I dismissed the notion. Tonight however, beautiful one sits on my table and I just have to put in writing how this came to be. Fact can indeed be stranger than fiction!!

While carrying out Sacristan duties in Church on Saturday (Wedding), my friend Joan got extremely ill. After some time I walked her home, made her comfy and then returned to Church. Lots still left to do. Eventually, exhausted and famished, I arrived home relieved to be home, away from howling wind and driving rain. Long relaxing evening ahead.

Not so!! Poor Joan weighed heavy on my heart and much as I wished otherwise, some hours later I set off once again to check on her. Joan is alone, all of her siblings gone to God.

Almost landed at Joan’s little cottage when abruptly a white van came to a halt by my side and guy holding something a lot like an Advent wreath hopped out. I could not believe my eyes!! Turns out his wife makes them and there he was delivering an Advent wreath🌟 to a house near Joan’s. I ordered mine there and then. 

So this evening, same pleasant guy arrived at my door with Advent wreath, the one that was being organised by Father God while I was happily (hopefully 🤨) doing what He was asking of me. The wonderment of it all!! (Had I decided not to visit Joan I would never have known.

Delivery pleasant guy was being looked after by Father God too. Super happy to accept my prayer, he accepted one for his wife also. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, dear Joan is all better and out and about once more Thank God.

God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. He has not created me for nothing.
I shall do good, I shall do His work. Therefore I will trust Him. (St. John Henry Newman)




 




No comments:

Post a Comment