Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Splendour in the ordinary ๐Ÿ’Ž


I sat beside him on the Killarney bus two weeks ago as I travelled to little Daithi’s Christening. I almost offered him my prayer but I didn’t. He seemed really unwell and when he got off the bus I wished I had. 

This morning he walked towards me as I hurried to Holy Mass, no way would I miss this second chance!! Happily accepting my prayer, he uttered: ‘Thank you. That is a very noble thing to do’. We chatted some more and as we parted company he said: ‘I will copy this prayer and pass it on to others’. What more could I wish for!!

Near Church handsome couple all the way from Washington DC gladly accepted my prayer. Beautiful encounter. As I prepared Holy Alter, saddest lady accepted my prayer wordlessly. I had occasion to be in her company more than ten years ago and at that time she was despairingly desolate too. Poor lady. I can’t help thinking though that my prayer will lift her spirits, all of Heaven will hold her close and perhaps she will smile for a while. Please God make it happen. Amen

Olga gifted me a beautiful silver Mother Mary pendant complete with chain. She visited Ukraine recently and purchased it while in her homeland. We dance joyfully every time we meet, Olga and I. My Ukrainian friends are special folk with big beautiful hearts, this prayer of mine introduced me to many of them. 

Thank you Jesus for granting me the awesome privilege of being Your Hands and Feet as I walk with my Ukrainian sisters and brothers in this tragic terrible time.

Holy Rosary in St.Anne’s again today. If I had a choice between a posh meal in the finest restaurant or praying Holy Rosary at the feet of my precious folk - my first choice would not be difficult to arrive at.๐Ÿ’Ž St. Anne’s Dayroom is Heaven on earth.☀️

In SuperValu young Mom accepted my prayer gratefully and then joyfully took one for her daughter who celebrates her eighteenth birthday in a couple of days. Alice gifted me a beautiful bar of her own handmade soap when I visited her shop ‘Skellig Soaps’. 

Finally Joan agreed to purchase a cozy colourful scarf and warm hat she so desperately needed.๐Ÿ˜ƒ I am so pleased๐Ÿ’ฅ

Luminescence and sublimity in the ordinary. 

                           ‘Beauty is the heart’s encounter with the Living God’. Bill Donaghy)



                                 Building up our friendship, earning the right to be heard.๐ŸŒบ

                                       And then there were three of them ๐Ÿˆ ๐Ÿˆ‍⬛ ๐Ÿˆ‍⬛ tonight ☔️ ๐Ÿ˜€


No comments:

Post a Comment