Wednesday, November 23, 2022

If I can stop one heart from breaking🕯

On my way to Holy Mass some weeks ago, Gareth danced into my heart reminding me to place his name on the tree of remembrance for Holy Souls. I am so grateful for that. This morning at Gareth’s first anniversary Holy Mass, his grief stricken sister and family gleaned some shred of comfort knowing that Gareth’s and all Holy souls are prayed for, every day right through month of November. He died tragically almost one year ago. Gareth and I would talk often about God and prayer. Beautiful broken boyeen.😌

Joan and I sat together just a few seats back from Holy Alter. Normally she sits away on her own at the back. To win the trust of another, precious privilege.🌸

Praying Holy Rosary in St. Anne’s Dayroom lit up my day like a thousand suns. Precious folk enduring many ailments; Alzheimers, blindness, deafness, to mention a few but that in no way affects our prayer and song. I read one time that all activities light up some part of our brain but music lights up the whole brain. Add Holy Rosary to the mix and wow!!! Allelulia🎆

I love what Catherine Doherty (Madonna House Foundress) wrote;

‘Music is the echo of God’s voice, and it is important to sing with our whole mind, heart, and soul. Even if we cannot carry a tune, we can still sing from the heart with great love. What matters is not how we sound but what goes into our singing - passionate love for the Lord must fill our hearts’.

Yes indeed, ‘Real Life’ is taking place in St. Anne’s Dayroom during our hour of prayer and praise. ‘Dress rehearsal’ well and truly over and done with.🕊

Exceedingly beautiful prayer-sharing encounters on my way home this evening. One little ‘prayer’ is moving mountains.🙏🏻


‘If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain’. (Emily Dickinson)


‘Believe in the effectiveness of your work as part of the universal work of the Saints. Think of the ‘living stone’ that you are adding to the spiritual house - this stone that no one else but you is called upon to place in just this same position. This ought to encourage you to make efforts of every kind’.                                 (Jesus to Gabrielle Bossis /He&I)

Tonight, Tony 🐈‍⬛ dropped by in the freezing pouring rain. He ate quickly before darting off again into the night. I love how he knows how much he is loved and wanted.❤️😀



No comments:

Post a Comment