Thursday, April 6, 2023

Holy Thursday☀️πŸ™πŸ»

‘It is time that we Christians began to take notice of each person we meet. Each person is a brother or sister in Christ. Each person must be recognised. Each person must be given a token of friendship and love, be it only a smile, a nod of the head’. (Catherine Doherty/Madonna House)


Sublime sunshine as I stroll back home, this Holy day, reflecting in my heart scarcely believable prayer-sharing encounters in Church just now. 

Had someone told me in my time of deep sorrow that one day I would bring a smile to a deeply sorrowful soul in the telling of my tale, I would have balked in disbelief. However, one encounter in Church was exactly that. As we parted company, lady exclaimed, holding my prayer and blue plastic Rosary beads (from Mother Mary in Medugorje) to her heart: ‘Perhaps this could happen for me too’, beautiful smile delightfully shining through.

St. John the Baptist words come to mind: ‘He must increase. I must decrease’. (John 3:30)

Thinking only yesterday how St. Mother Teresa perceived Jesus in every single person she encountered. She just went about doing what she knew God was asking of her, all the time immersed in the Gladsome Light of Christ.

The love that God calls us to is total surrender to Himself in imitation of Jesus Christ. Unconditional. Mother Teresa told her Sisters that they did not come to give themselves to the poor or to the work. They came to give themselves to Christ and He will give them to the poor.

I love that!!

Lord, take me where You want me to go. Let me meet who You want me to meet. Tell me what You want me to say and keep me out of Your way. Amen


Yesterday, during 3PM live-streamed Holy Rosary, Betty and her family came into Church. Concert pianist, she offered to play Church organ at Holy Mass this evening. Magnificent.🌠

                                                          It is no secret what God can do.πŸ™πŸ»
                                   Tonight we sat with gentle Jesus at Alter of repose.☀️πŸ™πŸ»



No comments:

Post a Comment