Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Sunny day☀️

‘Truly I say to you unless you turn and become like little children you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven’. (Matthew 18:18)


Gill from San Francisco shared something beautiful with me in Church this morning. In her home, right in front of Sacred Heart picture there’s a little bowl and in it she places all prayer requests she receives each day. That way her Holy Mass, Holy Rosaries and all prayers are offered with those folk in mind and heart, concretised. ‘It is my Holy bowl’, she told me. I have my own Holy bowl now too!! 
(I shared my mornings prayer with Gill. Every action a transaction!)


I love to share flowers from our Legion of Mary meeting alter. I call them ‘Mother Mary’s flowers’. As I sat in Centra café enjoying my tea, three ladies joined me. Impromptu! Mother Mary most certainly chose them, no doubt about it. All had a story to tell, all thrilled with Mother Mary’s special gift specially for them 🌺 

After that, my dear friend Pat’s Funeral Holy Mass. Vulnerable and fragile, Pat will be missed far more than he was ever noticed while alive in this world. One time when in severe pain I placed my rosary bracelet on his wrist. Right away his pain disappeared, in that moment dear Mother Mary prayed earnestly to Jesus for him. Although I never failed to remind Pat that Mother Mary cured him, still from that moment onwards he jokingly christened me ‘Father Bridget’. For the remainder of his days on earth, Pat wore a Medugorje rosary bracelet. 

Elderly lady happily accepting my prayer uttered: ‘I was married, he was not good, I can surely live without him but no way can I live without Him’, holding up my prayer.☀️

Ruairi, Tricia and Daithi here until next Friday please God. What joy!

‘Do not be anxious: go straight on, forgetful of self, letting the Spirit of God act instead of your own’.          (St. Julie Billiart)

‘The Lord prefers common-looking people. That is the reason He makes so many of them’. 
 (Abraham Lincoln)

No comments:

Post a Comment