Thursday, March 19, 2020

Saint Joseph, foster father of Jesus, please pray for us.





‘Joseph had the honour to spend every day with Jesus Christ; together with Mary, he had the greater part of his Son’s graces. Nevertheless, his virtues were unknown. Perhaps from so fine an example, we will learn that one can be great without outward show, that one can be blessed without attracting attention and that one can have true glory without the help of fame, but by the testimony of conscience alone: ‘There is one thing we are proud of, and our conscience tells us it is true. 
(2Cor-1:12). This thought will inspire us to set at naught the glory of the world’.
(Bishop Jacques-Benigne Bossuet/1704)

O Saint Joseph, who’s protection is so great, so strong, so prompt,
 before the Throne of God,
I place in you all my interests and desires.
O Saint Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son,
all spiritual Blessings through Jesus Christ our Lord, so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the Most Loving of Fathers.
O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating you, with Jesus asleep in your arms.
I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His Fine Head for me, ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.
Saint Joseph, Patron of the dying, Please Pray for us.
Amen.

‘I do not remember ever having asked anything of Saint Joseph that he did not grant me’
 (St. Teresa of Avila)

‘We need your help today, Saint Joseph, to penetrate the clouded and clogged atmosphere we live in, that denies the presence of the living God, hates Christianity and especially loathes the incarnate Son of God, your Fosterchild’. (Fr. David May/Restoration Newspaper)

No comments:

Post a Comment