Thursday, January 12, 2023

Forever young☀️

‘Free people make the world nervous’. (Fr. Dave Pivonka)


Joan’s birthday had completely skipped her mind and when I jogged her memory after Holy Mass this morning, she was ecstatic. Today she is seventy six years on God’s green earth, but no way will she even consider, let alone accept, that fact! ‘I’m fifty nine’ she announces happily, adding: ‘I may be a little more or a little less’. Joan is as young as she wants to be.☀️

She loves her birthday card, I dearly treasure our friendship. Joan wears the world lightly, her amazing authentic self in vivid display at all times. 
Be yourself! Everybody else is taken.🌺

‘I asked an old lady her secret, for she looked so young to me:
“Can you tell me how you do it, give me your recipe?”
“Well dear, I really can’t tell you, old age doesn’t bother me,
So perhaps THAT is my secret.
We’re as young as we want to be!”
(Phyllis Ellison)


‘All people are born as originals but many die photocopies’. (Blessed Carlo Acutis)

‘He that is down needs fear no fall,
He that is low no pride;
He that is humble ever shall
have God to be his guide’. (The Pilgrim’s Progress/John Bunyan)










 

No comments:

Post a Comment