Thursday, January 5, 2023

My Grace is sufficient for you.πŸŽ†πŸ™πŸ»

‘’We are placed in our different ranks and stations, not to get what we can out of them for ourselves, but to labour in them for Him. As Christ has His work, we too have ours; as He rejoiced to do His work, we must rejoice in ours also’. (St. John Neumann)


Tough ‘Katy’ day today, I returned home from Holy Mass planning to hibernate until my flagging spirits would soar once more. However, after a short time it dawned on me that Joan did not show up for Holy Mass this morning. I rang Centra Foodstore and the staff there had not seen her either. To rest easy I would go check on her, Joan seems even more fragile of late 

Sticking two prayers in my coat pocket - Holy Spirit prompt as always - I headed out my door. Earlier I had been seriously contemplating suspending all prayer-sharing until my battered heart heals a little. 

Young guy stopped to chat, his brother died tragically a few years ago. Wonderful open honest grief sharing, both of us lighter as we continued on our separate ways. Problem shared a problem halved!!

Somehow the two prayers I had no intention of sharing are now in the hands of a lovely couple who are staying over night in our town, their boat docked in the Marina. How that came to pass is beyond me, definitely wonderful Holy Spirit, my only task do what I was asked to do, have my prayers at the ready. Quite extraordinary!!

Smashing Dinner delivered to my door from Mary when I returned home! She had cooked too much. Happy mistake! 

Best of all, Joan in top form and heading to bed when I knocked on her door. Turns out I could have stayed home alone nursing my battered heart all afternoon. How glad I am that wonderful Holy Spirt had another far more elaborate plan in mind!!

Sure I’m weak and feeling desperately depleted right now but this I know without a shadow of a doubt!! My Jesus is strong enough for the both of us.

‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness’. (2Corinthians:12)








No comments:

Post a Comment