Thursday, January 19, 2023

To do Your will is my desire.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป☀️

          ‘I know that my Redeemer lives and at last He will stand upon the earth’. (Job: 19:25)

My mountain in all it’s glory, amazingly awesome as I dashed to get my bloods done this morning. Maybe nicest photo ever!!

Ukrainian visitors move around our town quietly gently, linking arms. Deep in conversation, mostly solemn but oftentimes erupting into glorious laughter too. When I complimented young pleasant Ukrainian shop assistant today on her warm smile she replied: ‘Thank you but sometimes it is really hard’. I could empathise, my heart aching since my dear Katy’s passing, and I suggested that perhaps our smiles in times of trial are our ‘best smiles’. She nodded gratefully.

I will never stop thanking Father God for allowing me do some small thing in these terrible times. Countless prayers shared today, unbelievable. Guy in cafe before Holy Mass, lady in Blessed Sacrament Chapel, young boy in Hairdressers, young girl who replied: ‘I am very grateful’. One time I was probably viewed as somewhat ‘weird’ but nowadays it is mostly accepted that this is what I do - I offer a prayer!!

Sitting with Joan as she waited for Docter to examine her poor leg, black and blue from a fall she cannot recall. Dainty lady in early Alzheimer’s joined us and what an interesting conversation came to pass. Not much to laugh about but everything to enjoy!!

Yes indeed, being about my Father’s business is the greatest grief buster of all. We need to be part of something bigger than ourselves. Life is not about me, it’s about loving God by laying down my life in the service of others. We glorify God by accomplishing the work He has given us to do.

On my way home I sat awhile and prayed Holy Rosary with beautiful Holy Family. Praying was always more important than breathing but most especially now in this our day and time.

‘The life of the body is the soul; the life of the soul is God’. (St. Anthony of Padua)


                                                     My mountain still beautiful this evening๐Ÿ’Ž
‘Anything to declare besides your greatness’, I asked John this morning. ‘Nothing but my emptiness - divine emptiness filled with the God’, replied John.☀️
                                         ‘The just man’s mouth utters wisdom’. (Psalm 37:30)











No comments:

Post a Comment