Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Be kind🌟

‘God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of Heaven and earth, is not served by human hands as though He needed anything since He Himself gives to all men life and breath and everything’. (Acts:17:24-25)
            

They arrived in our town only yesterday, two young students from El Salvador. What an encounter!!
Refugees, long story, both of them tired, relieved to be safe. Tad scared too.

Having listened for a while I advised them to rest for now and try suspend all planning. Life will unfold by the glorious Grace of God. ‘I really needed to hear those words right now’, uttered young man, dangerously close to tears..

I got to share my prayer and widow’s mite with them. They would only accept money (and then hesitatingly) when I assured them that I was in fact sharing God’s money. He owns everything! Next time we meet I will ask them about that great man of God, Saint Oscar Romero. Really looking forward to that! 

Every interaction is a transaction. All of us benefit☀️

‘I have been all things unholy; if God can work through me, He can work through anyone’. 
(St. Francis of Assisi)
Joan and I took a leisurely stroll outside, after Holy Rosary in St.Anne’s.πŸ“Ώ 
On my way home I spoke with Ukrainian lady who told me: ‘My home is gone. My territory is Russian now’.
 I cannot get in touch with Tanye (my Ukrainian daughter by choice!) who returned to Ukraine some time ago. I hope all is ok….
Business man told me irately that his business is failing because ‘Too many refugees and not enough tourists’….
Every single person on this planet is fighting a battle. Let us not add to their load even if we can do nothing to help.
Lovely chat with lady smoking cigarette outside Docter’s surgery. She accepted my prayer coughing a lot. I wonder if folk who invented cigarettes now wish they didn’t!!

My friend rang inviting me to dinner this evening in her house with some friends. What a gift!! 

End of a perfect day.☀️

‘Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm Spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset’. (St. Frances de Sales)

No comments:

Post a Comment