Wednesday, May 10, 2023

‘My Grace is with you right now’.☀️

“Use me then, my Saviour, for whatever purpose, and in whatever way, You may require. Here is my poor heart, an empty vessel; fill it with your Grace. Here is my sinful and troubled soul; quicken it and refresh it with your love’. (D.L. Moody)
‘Hello there’, I shouted across as she stepped from her impressive jeep. Because of me she shifted her gaze whacking her head off the car door. I felt absolutely awful, if only the ground would open up and swallow me right then. Kindly, she waved her hand, smiling that all was fine.

As I walked on, Holy Spirit prompt I’ve come to know so well. ‘Maybe you would like my beautiful morning prayer’, I asked, turning around. She accepted happily. By now she was linking another lady and so I offered her a prayer too. ‘Oh yes please’, lady uttered.

Grace-filled moment. Thing is, I learned later that second poor lady is in deep depression right now and has been for some time. Quickly my huge embarrassment turned to happiness -  All of Heaven will be minding her now.

Wonderfully weird prayer-sharing encounter. God’s ways are not ours!!

I stood near Holy Alter praying live-streamed Holy Rosary this morning, my mind elsewhere immersed in a thousand troubling things when gently, like a soft breeze, Jesus spoke these sublime words into my heart: ‘My Grace is with you right now’. Wow!!

Not in the past, not in the future - right now and every ‘right now’  till the end of time. Every ‘right now’ is a new ‘right now’ but it is always ‘right now’.

When I falter in a prayer-sharing moment, or anytime my mind takes flight, I will call to mind Jesus beautiful words: ‘My Grace is with you right now’. Peace instantly restored. I shall never tire of passing on to others this profound wisdom.

“My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness”. I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses that the power of Christ may rest upon me’. (2Corinthians:9)


“Give all your loving attention to each little moment. Think of this all your life through. Nothing of past. Nothing of the future. Only the present moment of Love”. 
(Jesus to Gabrielle Bossis/He&I)





No comments:

Post a Comment