Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas in Kilarney.🎄🌟



Strolling at my ease around Kilarney, pure adulterated pleasure. Christmas decorations impressive, eye-catching, Corona out of sight and out of mind just for today.

Mary surprised by my visit, rendering our rendezvous joyfully exciting. Anxious and fearful first thing every morning. ‘What do you do’, I ask her. ‘I bless myself with Lourdes Holy water and then I’m fine again’, she says. 

Mary wears her scars lightly, spending time with her is sitting at the Feet of Christ. She is lonely for her family, living and passed on, particularly at Christmas time and dearly longs to be back in her home town once more. I remind her of her cozy corner and her kind carers and instantly her sunshine smile is returns. Definitely something about Mary.

In the quiet of the Franciscan Friary, prayer and meditation engulf me. Entering that Heavenly place is to leave the world and all it’s baggage behind. Four men erecting the tallest Christmas tree ever, as well as putting the finishing touches to the Friary’s splendid crib. Peaceful silence mostly, except for a split second when all seemed to be going awry and unrestrained laughter erupts. 

Probably happiest of all is homeless guy sitting on the cold cement, loyal dog at his feet, guitar taking a breather. How little material wealth has to do with our joie de vivre. ‘I have many good friends’, happy homeless guy is telling the young man soaking up his every word. Wishing I could sit awhile, hear his story, but had to run and catch my bus home.

 Next time le Cunamh De. I love Killarney ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment